ITSSAR has a vast knowledge and expertise in a broad range of mechanical handling equipment. We recognise, approve and accredit a full range of courses Worldwide, including Counterbalance, Reach, Powered Pallet Trucks and Manual Handing among many others.
We’ve been improving training standards since 1991, and our dedicated team writes and monitors standards for a broad range of mechanical handling equipment to guarantee the highest quality of training within the workplace. The standards we set for registrants are current, comprehensive and far exceed the Accrediting Bodies Forum 2000. To ensure we’re constantly improving the overall quality of training, we hold seminars on a regular basis, inviting members to forward ideas and recommendations.
We operate from offices based in Bracknell, Berkshire and are a founding member of the Accrediting Bodies Association Work Place Transport (ABA) 2012. This accrediting body was set up to agree and maintain a common set of standards for the basic skills required to operate workplace transport equipment.
ITSSAR publish courses for a diverse range of applications, including construction plant operation and forklift operation. A full list of ABA Workplace Transport Groups we accredit is available here. Our experience means we know what theoretical and practical skills are required to operate mechanical handling equipment safely.
Our accreditation scheme is driven by practical training specialists. The aim is simple; to improve the standards of training and safety in the operation of industrial trucks. If you are interested in applying for Certification of Training Courses, registration or accreditation, please get in touch.
ITSSAR cover all sectors of industrial trucks. Our comprehensive training organisations ensures they are meeting our current and relevant standards. Our practical trainers specialise in the industrial truck training industry. We are dedicated to helping you improve your level of training.
What We Accredit:
- Industrial trucks
- Plant equipment
- Abrasive wheels
- Manual handling
- Lifting slinging and signalling
- Full list here
The Benefits of ITSSAR Accreditation
- Low costs as the scheme is industry driven
- Covers all sectors of industry.
- Access to information that will assist you in maintaining standards of training far beyond the required minimum.
- Inclusion in the ITSSAR Directory.
- Access to training aides and literature.
- A laid down complaints procedure available on request.
- Activities are independently monitored.
- All instructor registrations are verifiable by certificate and identity card which include a photograph for recognition and security.
- A national database (TOPS Scheme) for use by accredited training organisations.
Categories of Accreditation
- ITSSAR offers several categories of accreditation, and you’ll find each of these classes below.
- Category 1: Registered Instructor
- Category 2: Operator Training Organisation Accredited
- Category 3: Instructor & Operator Training Organisation Accredited
- Category 4: Registered Tutor
- Category 9: Management & Supervisors
So if you’re interested in registration or accreditation, please get in touch or call a member of staff on 01344 426230.