Full Time: Monday to Friday
Holiday: 23 Days paid, plus Bank Holidays
Salary: negotiable depending on occupational and training experience
Pension: matched up to 3% of basic salary
Life Assurance: 2X salary
Didac is an award-winning National training provider. Didac has established a reputation for delivering quality training, which in 2018 was judged ‘Good’ by OFSTED. The majority of Didac’s courses in the industrial training arena by ITSSAR and NPORS accredited.
This is an opportunity for a plant and equipment instructor to move into a sales and support role for the team, mainly office based, whilst keeping their hand in on some training.
As part of their business development plans, Didac is recruiting a team leader to manage its industrial training team. The successful candidate will have occupational experience as a Cat 1 or Cat 2 instructor.
You will report to the Operations and Curriculum & Performance Managers and you will be required to carry out the following.
- Working with new and key clients to develop business
- Day to day support to the trainers
- End to end management of the sales, booking and administration process.
- Ensure the team works to company and awarding organisation standards.
- Preparation and lead for accreditation audits
- Deliver some courses to maintain your accreditations and occupational experience.
To help candidates measure themselves against the job role, a more comprehensive job role list will be sent following receipt of an application.
You MUST have:
- Full UK driving licence
- Professional appearance and approach to training
- Flexible approach to working
- Good written English
- Good administrative level IT skills
Please send your current CV to: Elaine Stanley, Operations Manager, Didac Ltd, Woodwise Academy, Riverside, Crews Hole Road, Bristol, BS5 8BB. Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job role list
The role is to include.
- Sales / Lead generation to help increase the growth of the business.
- Maintaining and developing key client relationships.
- End to end management of the sales, booking and administration process .
- Marketing communications. Contribution to communications including web site content.
- Attend meetings with existing / potential clients to develop further business growth.
- Receive training certification, applying for scheme registrations and ensuring safe delivery to candidates and line managers.
- Ensure all training records, certificates and identity cards are recorded and updated.
- Identify training and development plans for all unit staff for continuous CPD
- Prepare internal training records and certification evidence of staff competencies.
- Produce training data in the form of reports to line managers and other key stakeholders for audits, proposal bids etc. as and when required.
- Ensure course joining instructions, attendance registers and all other relevant course information is recorded on systems.
- Prepare and dispatch candidates to their managers.
- Prepare and support the development of course material.
- Take the lead in accreditation audits.
- ITSSAR or equivalent Accredited
- Up to date training
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Sales experience
- NPORS Accreditation
- Health & Safety Knowledge and Skills